Tuesday, November 13, 2007

More on interim CIO

Answers from Dr. Sethna to two questions about the interim CIO position:
  • The person appointed as interim will be eligible to apply for the permanent position.
  • In relation to the proposed reorganization plan, the interim CIO's task will be to:
    • refine and flesh out the plan,
    • be SPA for measures and metrics.
My reactions to comments:
  • "You have stated many times that we don't have the funding for a CIO."
    • My 60/40 preference was for not having a CIO. The expense was one of my reasons.
    • I presented both sides of the argument as fairly as I could to Dr. Sethna and to PAC, and they decided to go with the CIO model.
    • That decision is made, so I'm trying to do what I can to make it work well.
  • "It makes no sense to me to appoint an interim..."
    • Again, that decision is made. No point in whacking a deceased equine: let's make it work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get ready everyone...on three, bend and pick up the soap.